The Headline Update
Finally. The day has arrived.
After so many months of rethinking, numerous ideas, testing, bugfixing and whatnot the update is here.
Is it perfect? No it isn't. I actually expect bunch of bugs as I never got a proper chance to test fully the new features, the maps especially. Regarding the UI everything should be working fine but as well I am aware that there can be bugs as well.
To highlight many of the changes I've written yet again, a nice change log. Enjoy and thank you all for the support you've given me over the time. It is really a blast making the game for you all, and if any of you have suggestions or just a simple question feel free to ask me on steam or mail!
Expect the next update to include new achievements, bug fixes and some cool new stuff like gadgets, and in a bit longer run new maps and finally a proper story.
For now the first 3 maps are available at the start to prevent non-progress due to the new maps. Also the maps that have been prior to the update are not combined with the story just yet so they are mostly the same expect a few balance fixes and issues.
Update SDK for Unity 5.6:
The new SDK for making skins can be downloaded via dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2sor3qqwnjcrxt/Steam_Workshop_SDK.zip?dl=0
- New Map Metahawk
- New Map Cretomilde
- First lunuar map (Located on a moon!)
- This map is missing 1 fun sequence which will be added into the game in the next update
- In this sequence you will be controling a mech, which is still not done with the controls at the moment.
- UI - Redesigned the whole UI which brings more fidelity
- Added Inventory managment for gadgets
- Added new Death Screen
- Added new Completed Screen
- Added Weapon/Gadget Unlock
- Added Dialog Boxes
- Reworked the Workshop Menu
- New Tasks look
- New Map preview
- New Main Menu
- New and updated gadget icons
- Drone Status (Health, Energy)
- Removed Point indicator
- And more
- Enemies now track player more consistently and better
- Enemies have lower range, especially the E_02
- Added a new gadget EMP - Shock
- This gadget allowes opening the shaft doors in order to get to safety.
- All shafts are now closed, and need to be opened
- Cost 5 energy
- Added a "death-timer" to the cameras
- Cameras are not constantly enabled, they are similar to lasers with having "death-timers" which make them disabled for x amount of seconds, then enabled again.
- Added AutoRengen for players' energy to maximum of 10%(5% regenerates fast, other 5% regenerates 4 times slower)
- Added gadgets boxes for unlocking gadgets
- Added a new hacking system to disable the alarm
- Added bunch of new animations
- Added a new alarm sound (Less noisey however more dinstinct)
- Added an enemy chase sound, and when triggering traps/alarms
- Added a small story to the game (Nothing much but it's a start)
- Added a new SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) effects
- Added a lot of new models (Some of them are reworked)
- Added new textures and shaders to the models
- Added new mehanic for Energy Stations
- Added new fonts for the game
- Added Workshop Options
- Rotation of the camera to see the skin in 360*
- All details listed in the workshop for the current skin
- Added workshop controls
- Reworked the workshop tools to be compatiable with 5.5 Unity
- Added new sounds for:
- Ending the game
- Energy Stations
- Disabling the alarm
- Shaft opening
- And others.
- Added Player Lerp - Lerping speed when disabled (Moving from a stop feels more natural)
- Removed number hacking system for alarm
- Fixed various bugs regarding clipping - Thanks "the_brood"!
- Fixed flashlight not returning to normal texture in workshop
- Fixed movement and enemy path issues
- Fixed the Workshop toolkit to support 5.5 Unity
- And a lot more which I forgot